Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend

Another weekend in the books. We survived camping! We had a lot of fun, but we didn't get much sleep. The girls kept my parents up in their camper both nights, but we all still had a great time. But let's back it up to Friday.

The girls had their ice cream party at school, so I decided to waste gas and drive to south Reno (same as driving to south Carson) to return a couple items to Lucky and Loft and have some time to shop by myself and let me tell you, it was completely worth it. I didn't have to watch two little run around all the while trying to return clothes and look at others. I was able to go into stores I never get to go into and it was nice. I didn't buy much other than a dress that was on sale at Old Navy.

I drove back to down to pick up the girls and they were still having ice cream, so I chatted with another mom about where her daughter was going to daycare after the closure. It is just so sad that they are closing both locations and have put 74 families out. The girls mom told me she has to take her child to a town away from where she lives and works because there were no openings left. Ugh.

After I loaded up the girls, we met Rory at Trader Joes for some snacks, wine and essentials for the weekend ahead. Then we headed home without CFA because it was too early. Whomp whomp. I will have it this week!

After getting everything unloaded, I started packing the girls stuff for camping while Rory played with the girls outside. Then at 6 pm, I headed out to go have drinks with my friend Heather who is having brain surgery in a week. So scary, but she will rock this surgery.

We drank rose and then my friend from LA showed up and we hung out with him for a bit catching up. But my friend was very drunk (day drinking), so we sent him over to the pizza place to meet up with his friends again.

I had to pick up dinner for Rory and myself, so we headed over to the same pizza place (around the block) and I ordered pizza and wings to go and talked more with Heather while we waited.

That night, we had pizza, watched some shows and called it a night.

Saturday morning, we got ready and I finished packing before we headed out to breakfast. We got home, packed the truck up and headed out for our two hour drive. The girls slept most of the way and we were able to chat quietly in the front seat.

Once we got to the campsite, we gave the girls to my parents and sister and then we unloaded all of our stuff. Once that was done, it was time to settle in and hang out. We didn't do much the first day other than catch up with family and friends, play with the girls, attend my cousin's sons birthday party, have a huge potluck style dinner and relax. It was soooo nice.
toddler fun

That evening we put the girls to bed and it was a bit rough. We had to go back into the camper several times before they settled in. We sat at the campfire for a bit and then us girls went for some drinks together. So much fun!!!

Sunday morning we got up early, made coffee and had breakfast. We spent the morning playing and hanging out.
toddlers camping
Having some cereal for breakfast (followed by bacon)

We put the girls down at noon and they slept really well. Avery got up first and we headed out for ice cream while my dad stayed with Sutton while she was still napping. Once she got up, we played a bunch more and broke out their water table. It was a huge hit!

My parents watched the girls while Rory and I went in a side by side Raptor for some sand hill fun. So fun, but so scary! Once we got back, we cleaned up and watched Home with the girls while others were playing lawn games. Then it was more water table fun and then showers for Rory and I since we were covered head to toe in dirt.
Toddler camping chairs
Toddler camping chairs

I got the girls cleaned up before we started making dinner. We had dinner and the girls were very tired, but managed to stay up until 8 pm. They crashed hard, but they woke up several times over the evening. We sat by the campfire and star watched that evening.

Monday morning we got up and relaxed. We started packing up to head home and left the campsite around noon. The girls slept part of the way home. Once we got home, it was bath time for the girls, laundry, showers for us adults, grocery shopping, and household chores. We did play in between everything. 

I made dinner that night and we caught up on Fargo and watched the Bachelorette.

How was your weekend?

I am linking up with Biana from B Loved Boston.


  1. What a fun time! The girls look so cute in their little chairs.

  2. Ohhhhh camping looks like it was so fun!

  3. Oh my word, the girls look darling in those chairs! I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend!

  4. It really is nice being able to shop a bit without the littles. Especially when you just want to get things done. :) They are adorable though.

  5. What a fun way to spend the long weekend! they are looking so grown up! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

  6. Camping is such a blast! Looks like such a fun time! I swear their hair is growing like a weed, so much longer so fast! Good vibes going to your friend on her surgery, sounds serious. Glad you got some catch up time before!

  7. Wow what a fun weekend!! I swear, whenever our kids are away on vaca or just not at home sleeping, bedtime is absolute torture! I am so sorry about your friend and will keep her in my thoughts!! Hoping everything will go well for her!! xo

  8. I bet I would have crashed harder than the kiddos ;) haha
    So much fun! That's a great way to celebrate Memorial weekend.

  9. Oh how fun!! It looks like you had a lovely weekend!

  10. I'm so glad you guys got out camping! It looks like so much fun, and besides the sleeping seems to have gone well. I hope your friend is doing alright. So scary! Glad you had a nice long weekend.

  11. Camping with two little ones sounds exhausting, but fun! My husband does a lot of camping trips with his friends, but I've never been much of a camper. I know he's excited for our kids to get older so he can take them too :) And yay for a solo shopping trip, that sounds wonderful!

    1. It is exhausting. Ha. But we did have a great time. That will be fun for your husband. Love solo shopping trips. They don't happen that often, so I am grateful when I get one!

  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

  13. How adorable are the girls camping?! So sorry the daycare closure is causing so many headaches, I feel awful for everyone affected and am sending lots of *hugs* <3
    Green Fashionista

  14. They look sooooo cute <3 <3 <3

  15. Minus the no sleep thing it sounds like it was a great weekend of camping! Both my parents and Nathan's parents have campers and we love it.