Monday, June 29, 2015


Today is my babies half birthday. I can't believe they are 6 months old today. Where has the time gone my little ones? I have their 6 month update coming tomorrow since I need to recap my weekend. One that started off with a huge bang (literally).

11:30 am hit Friday and I couldn't get out of work fast enough. My husband and I drove separately to work since I had a pedicure at 12:30. We picked up the babies and were to meet at a deli shop in Reno for a quick lunch and then I would be off to my appointment. But life had other plans and I got into a big car accident with a flying object on the way to lunch.

I was driving in Washoe Valley and the car in front of me hit something (a huge piece of metal from an oil drum) and that something came flying at my car. I tried to swerve to the left as much as I could without going off the road and avoid it. But no such luck as it hit my passenger bumper and tore through towards the back of my car. Obscenities were yelled and I tensed up quite a bit.

I pulled off to the side of the road as did the person in front of me (her car was smoking). I checked the damage and my husband had pulled over too (he was in front of the girl ahead of me but missed this object thankfully). Her little Dodge Neon type of car had some damage, but nothing compared to mine which is crazy because she it it head on and it flew at my car.

I was stuck on the side of the road for a few hours waiting for NHP (who changed my tire so I could drive to the auto shop). Once my tire was changed and NHP assessed my car to make sure I could drive it to Reno, I drove the long slow way back.

Thankfully I swerved out of the way because the metal would have hit me head on and it could have been a whole lot worse. And thankfully my baby girls were in the truck with their dad and not me.

So I am waiting on an assessment from the auto shop, but from just looking at it, they said at least $5,000 to $10,000 and up to two weeks in the shop. So bad. It cracked my bumper, destroyed my fog light and headlight, sliced my tire, took out my wheel well area, my passenger door, my hood is pushed up, my running board area is damaged, dents and scratches everywhere and it is leaking fluid. Who knows what else is going on there.

While at the rental car shop, I noticed my incision from my surgery was bleeding from the seat belt doing its job. So I have been keeping an eye on it and my doctor will check it out tomorrow at my post op appointment. Hopefully it didn't damage anything. Fingers crossed.

After I got my rental car and my car at the shop, we had to take the girls to their helmet appointments. Everything is looking good and their heads are already responding to the change. The doctor has high hopes for our girls and getting their helmets off in a record time.
 The pictures don't even do the damage justice.

That evening, I just wanted to do nothing and rest.

Saturday we ran some errands, went out to brunch and made dinner at home. We took it easy since it was so hot outside and Friday was not a fun day. Sunday we went to brunch again (I hate cooking breakfast it seems, haha), ran more errands and again relaxed. It was much needed after the start of our weekend. Plus I am still recovering from surgery.
Sutton chilling at dinner last night on the patio at Stonehouse

And now it is Monday and we are back at it. I am waiting for my car estimate and details on that. And hoping for good news on my surgery incision. I have a post coming on that and the changes to my incision daily (I know, TMI).

How was your weekend?  


  1. I am so glad you are okay!

    1. Thank you! The cost to repair was a lot less than I thought too. Let's hope that my incision is good to go (find out at my doctor appt today) too!