Monday, November 7, 2016


This weekend was a tough one, but we did survive.

It all started Friday morning when we got a call that Avery smashed her finger in the door at daycare 30 minutes after she arrived. One of the teachers was going outside to throw away a dirty diaper and Avery followed her to the doorway (where a baby gate keeps them in). The teacher came back in and shut the door without realizing that Avery's hand was right there. It closed on her pinky and then she pulled it back, cutting it open.

Avery's teacher saw and ran up to her and scooped her up and took her into another room. Then she called me in tears. We ran over to see what happened since her teacher said it was bad. When we arrived, Avery was really upset and showing us her owie. Her pinky was bruised and she had a bad cut on it. We cleaned it out, put bandaids on it and then I headed to the store to get her some pain reliever.

Once we gave her the pain reliever she calmed down and sat in her teachers arms for a long time. We have been keeping it clean all weekend, but it is still awful. Poor little lady.
finger smashed in the door

The girls stayed at daycare until 2 pm since we wanted them to take a good nap after everything that happened that morning. Plus we had more renovation issues to deal with. That's a story for another day.

After we picked up the girls, we ran an errand and then headed home to change for our family photos. We knew this could be hard since Avery had a bad cough and her pinky was injured. We had our photos at 5 pm in a new park and the girls did pretty well. He was able to get about 70 photos and said he had some good ones. We took more action shots this time and I saw two of them and I am in love. I can't wait to get the rest this week!!! And our outfits looked great together!

After photos, we grabbed Rory and the girls dinner and headed home. I then went to dinner with my friend and had a big steak dinner. And I caught up with my friend and that was good for the soul.

Saturday morning, we got up early to head to breakfast, so Rory could drive to the Bay Area (4 hours) to hang out with his friends overnight. The girls were very clingy to me because Avery was still sick and Sutton just wanted to play on mommy instead of with her toys. But we had fun watching some football and then headed to their grandparents house after naps. But first, I had to stop for a large coffee!

The girls got a new table and more toys that they played with as soon as we arrived.
Step2 Table

We decided to take them for a walk since it was warm outside, but the girls had other plans of pushing their strollers instead of getting in them. This made our walk very long and interesting which Walter wasn't too keen on. But at least the girls had fun.

We came back to hang out more and then get dinner started. We put the girls in their highchairs and brought them into the kitchen so they could watch grandma cook us mushroom risotto.

Dinner was heavenly, but Avery had no interest in eating at all. Luckily, Sutton had an appetite and ate all of her dinner plus her sisters.

After diaper changes and getting the girls into their pjs, we went home.

Avery's cough got pretty bad and she was up every hour to two hours. She would wake herself up coughing and started crying every time. Plus with daylight savings time, she was up at 5 am. Woof. So rough for mommy too.

I got the girls ready and we went to breakfast where I ate with one silly girl and one very sassy girl who kept yelling NO at me. Needless to say, it was a very quick breakfast where I chugged my latte. And then I made the girls go through the drive thru with me at a local coffee shop since they were not in any mood to hit up Target (where I could get a Starbucks).
silly Sutton
Silly Sutton
Sassy toddler
Sassy Avery

We went home and Avery was still on fire. They continued to climb all over me while I watched football. They had no interest in their toys again and only in mommy.

The girls took their nap and my friend dropped off jambalaya for dinner. Rory arrived home just after naps and the girls were happy to see him, but Avery was still under the weather.

My parents came over around 3 pm to see the girls. My dad hadn't seen them in over a month (he was hunting) and was missing them. Sutton ended up falling asleep in grandpa's arms since she had a short nap that day. It was really sweet.

After hanging out with their grandparents, we fed them dinner, gave them baths and then put them down for the night. Where Avery coughed all night again, but she slept better than the previous night. Though I stayed up for an additional two hours because I was scared of her rough cough. Needless to say, we ware taking her into the pediatrician today to make sure she is ok because her breathing treatments aren't even kicking this cold in the butt.

Let's hope her cough isn't something bad and her pinky heals.

How was your weekend?

I am linking up with Biana from B Loved Boston.


  1. Always busy life with twins. Hope Avery is feeling better!! & that poor finger - it looks like it hurts!
    Cant wait to see your pics!!! With kids that age? Action pictures are ALWAYS the best. I think they look so good anyways - shows real life :)

  2. Hugs to you and Avery! Sorry you had such a rough weekend. I hope this week brings healing and sleep to all!!

    1. Thank you so much! I hope we all get better and things go smoothly this week. It can only get better, right?

  3. Aw poor Avery! I'm so sorry to hear that. No fun at all. Also, sorry you've been dealing with all the reno issues. I've heard renovating is one of the most stressful life events! Glad you got your family photos in though! I am so excited to see them. I love looking at family photos. We actually already ordered our Christmas cards, haha, but I won't send them out till the end of the month or early next. Hope you have a good week!

  4. Oh no I hate nothing more than when they wake themselves up coughing-it's the worst! I can't wait to see your pictures-they always capture shots so much better than we ever can! Glad you got in a girls night, they are SO needed sometimes!

  5. Poor, sweet Avery. I can't imagine how upset you must have been when you got the call from daycare about her little finger. I would have been devastated. And then she was sick on top of that?! Gosh, sometimes life just stinks, doesn't it. I hope you're all doing much better today.

  6. Hope Avery is feeling better sooner than later!

  7. I'm sorry to hear about her pinkie what a rough start for you guys!! Can't wait to see how your photos turned out! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

  8. Poor pumpkin!! Wishing her back to 100% ASAP!!!!

  9. Your poor sweet girl! I'm so sorry her cough is so bad! I really hope she starts to feel better! I can't wait to see some of your family pics!

  10. Awww no poor Avery! So glad she's ok, sending lots of *hugs* <3
    Green Fashionista

  11. So sorry Avery is sick and hurt, poor girl! Sending y'all hugs!

  12. So sorry about Avery! This is the second pinky finger in door story I've heard from last week! Our friends' kid had hers do the same thing but she almost lost the entire tip of her pinky! If it wasn't for a surgeon that our friend's team used, the ER doc would have removed it! So glad that she's doing ok! Doors are scary :(

  13. Girl, you had quite the weekend. I'm so sorry about Avery. Poor thing. I hope she's doing better. Love the photos of the girls at breakfast and the video you shared on IG cracked me up.

  14. wow what a crazy weekend.
    Our youngest has a knack for getting hurt and we have had to make more ER trips than I'd like.
    Hope your little one is feeling better now.

  15. I hope Avery is feeling better soon!! Quite the weekend for you guys!

  16. Oh mama! Coughs are the absolute worst. I'm hoping she's feeling better today. Can't wait to see your pictures!

  17. Aww, Avery’s sweet little finger. I hope that it’s feeling much better now. Praying for healing for all!

  18. That poor teacher probably still feels so awful! I hope the little one gets feeling better.